Granite Cleaning and Other Stone Care Tips
- Never use ordinary, everyday household cleaners on granite or any other natural-stone surface. They damage natural stone and can lead to costly repair or replacement.
- Frequently sealing granite countertops and all other natural-stone maintains maximum surface protection.
- Use and keep door mats clean to minimize the dirt and micro particles from wearing into your stone floors.
- Be sure your vacuum attachment does not scratch stone floors. Avoid dragging objects across stone floors. Weekly damp mopping keeps the floor free of abrasive particles.
- Properly caring for granite countertops and other natural stone starts with daily or as-needed cleaning to reduce dirt, oil penetration and water spotting.
- Using a squeegee on shower walls helps prevent water spotting and soap scum build-up.
- Polishing granite countertops and other stone surfaces such as shower walls will enhance color and sheen, and provide added protection to help prevent etching, water spotting and soap scum build-up.
| Posted on April 10 2013