Answers on Cleaning Travertine and Removing Stains From Granite
More questions from homeowners looking to protect their stone surfaces, with answers from the Stone Care Experts. How can we help you? Just Ask the Experts or visit us on Facebook and Twitter. Q: I recently purchased a travertine-topped coffee table (expensive). The top is beautiful but has not been sealed. I am having a crowd for Thanksgiving and am worried that it might get stained. I purchased Granite Gold Sealer® and was preparing to seal my table top. Please tell me if the appearance of the finish will change and become shiny if I seal it with your product. I don't want it to be shiny (like a granite kitchen countertop). A: Granite Gold Sealer will not change the appearance of the stone. Follow the instructions below:
- Clean the surface with Granite Gold Daily Cleaner®
- Spray sealer on the surface in a 3-foot section
- Immediately wipe into stone with a lint-free cloth. Do not allow sealer to dry on the surface – it will cause hazing
- Buff dry with a lint-free cloth
- For maximum protection, repeat the process 2-3 times.
| Posted on October 28 2013